The College was established as “College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry cum Livestock Research Institute” on 12th July 1955 in the lap of Malwa region bestowed with its distinctive climate and biological resources. The present premise of the college was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru. This College became the constituent unit of the Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur on 2nd October 1964. The college campus is on 257 acres of land situated on the Mumbai Agra National highway No. 3, approximately 5 Kms Mhow cant and 18 Kms from Indore. It is well connected by road, rail and air, the nearest air port being located at 25 kms in Indore. In its more then 50 years of eventful journey the institute has been the torch bearer for the scientific development in the area of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry.