The College of Agriculture, originally known as Utkal Krushi Mahavidyalaya, was established in the year 1954 and started functioning in a Primary School building at Bhubaneswar from July, 1954. Subsequently, it was shifted to a new building, the present campus of the college, in 1957.
UG and PG laboratories with various lab. Equipments like microscope electrical balance, hot-air oven, pH meter, spectrometer, hygrometer, water distillation set, doionizer, seed moisture meter, refractometer, autoclave, soil augor, tensit meter, flame photometer, wilmott bubbler, Ganongs’ respirometer, Ganongs’ photometer etc. are available for doing the practical experiments. On the other hand, the equipments like seed germinator, laminar flow, electronic balance, centrifuge, BOD incubator, leaf area meter, spectrophostometer, nitrogen analyser, electrophoresis apparatus, computer appliances, electrical grinder, compound microscope (electrically operated), micro and micro Kjeldahl distillation unit, conductivity meter etc. are available for doing practical classes and researches of M.Sc.(Ag) and Ph.D. students. In addition, net house and glass houses are available for doing pot culture experimewnts. Further, plots in the field and the Instructional Farm in the Central Farm are also availed by the Post-Graduate students to do their theses works.