Pamulapati Butchi Naidu College was established in the year 1951, envisaging the need for dissemination of Higher Education among the poor masses of rural area surrounding Nidubrolu. The college modelled on ‘Folk Schools’ in Holland and Denmark, was founded by Sri. Pamulapati Butchi Naidu and Smt. Pamulapati Venkata Subbamma with a munificent donation. Prof. N.G. Ranga, one of the greatest parliamentarians, blessed the institution with necessary inspiration. Sri. Pamulapati Butchi Naidu’s noble aspiration was fructified on 6th July 1951, when the college came into being, elevating him to the heights of ‘Vidya Poshaka’.