The institute was first established in the year 1955 as Cottage Industry Training Institute by the Community Project Department, Govt. of Assam over a plot of land of 12 bighas 6 kathas 8 chataks acquired by them and then it was renamed as Vocational Training Centre. The institute was first established to impart training in few trades viz. Ceramics, Tailoring, Blacksmithy, Carpentry, Bamboo and Cane etc.
In April 1957, the institute was taken over by the Education (PTM) department, Govt. of Assam. Then in October 1957, the institute was converted to ITI Srikona with 158 seats in seven trades sanctioned vide Govt. of India letter no. TP-7(36) (1) /57, dated 4/10/57 and in 1988 its intake capacity reached to 448 seats with 18 (eighteen) nos. different trades having 28 units.
Well equipped computer Lab