The college was established in the year 1950 with a vision to contribute to the national development by providing quality education. It was founded with the financial help of one lakh rupees from Chaudhary Babu Mahadeo Prasad Trust and thirty five thousand rupees from Thakurani Bhagwati Devi, the daughter of Ch. Mahadeo Prasad. The college is under the governance of Kayastha Pathshala which is Asia’s biggest trust. The college started with B.Sc. course in 1950 in the building of K.P. Intermediate College. The college was shifted to its present location at Mahatma Gandhi Marg, George Town, Allahabad in 1953 in the Agra Jamindar Association’s Building. In 1955, Faculty of Arts was started in the college.
Library : The library system constitutes Main Library, Law Wing Library and several departmental libraries. Main Library is the focal point of library services provided to the faculties and students of the college. The library was established with the inception of the college to cater the needs of the then faculties and students of the college.