After the formation of Orissa as a separate Province in 1936,th Govt. of Orissa established Utkal University which started functioning from 27th November, 1943. This University took over the Bachelor of Law classes continuing in the Ravenshaw College as its teaching Department having converted the same into a full-fledged College with its present nomenclature naming it as Madhusudan Law College to perpetuate the memory of late Utkal Gourab Madhusudan Das.
Library: Madusudan Law College has the richest Law Library of the state which is as old as the College itself. It has about 30 thousand numbers of books and journals on various branches of Law. The library is constantly updated with the aid received from the University and U.G.C.
Hostel provides accommodation for 100 male students