r.Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the then vice-chancellor of Andhra University and later President of India inaugurated the Hindu college in 1935, with a few Science departments and departments of languages. It become a first grade College in 1947.Originally affiliated to Andhra University and later to Nagarjuna University, the College got UGC recognition in 1956.
Central Library, Computer Center, Sports facility, Welfare Schemes,
Grievance Redressal cell, Vehicle placing shed etc.
Library: The College library was started in the year 1935. The total number of books are 42,800. Among them Telugu books are 3,307, English books are 2.733. Hindi books are 1,364, Sanskrit books are 751 and other books comprising Science and Humanities are 34,645 in number.