The Institute was established on the 19th of December 2006. The genesis of this Institute was the memorandum of Settlement on Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) signed between the Assam Government, the Union Government and the Bodo Liberation Tigers, on February 10, 2003, in New Delhi. The Institute is an autonomous body registered under the Societies Registration Act., 1860 and functions under a Board of Governors (BOG).
Transport Facility: The Institute provides transport facilities for the students and the staff. At present the institute has four buses which ply at regular intervals from 8.30 am in the morning till 6.00 pm in the evening from different parts of Kokrajhar town where our hostels are located to the institute campus. Buses are also provided to take students to different places for industrial training, laboratory classes, picnics etc. outside kokrajhar when ever required.
Internet & Network Facility
Power Backup Facility
Even though all the hostel buildings in the campus are not ready, the Institute has arranged rented houses and maintained separate hostels for boys and girls in different parts of Kokrajhar town apart from two hostels in the Campus. At present there are 12 hostels for boys and 4 for girls with a total intake capacity of 346 boys and 157 girls respectively.