Dr. T. Thimmaiah Institute of Technology (Formerly Known as Golden Valley Institute of Technology - GVIT) was started in the year 1986 at Kolar Gold Fields by Dr. T. Thimmaiah, Ph. D., (London), IAS (Retired), as the founder President under the aegis of Golden Valley Educational Trust, with the sole purpose of imparting quality technical education.
Dr. T. Thimmaiah Institute of Technology is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), in Karnataka and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and at present offers Degree Courses in Engineering as given below
• Sprawling Campus of over 25 acres with wooded areas.
• Located away from the hub of metropolis.
• Library & Reading Room.
• Hi Speed Internet facility.
• Career Guidance & Placement Cell.
• Students Center & Amphitheater with facilities like Gymnasium, Canteen & Seminar Hall.
• Separate Hostel for Girls, Junior Boys & Senior Boys with separate Vegetarian Mess facility.
• Limited Accommodation for visiting parents in the campus.
• Guest House in the campus.
• In House Medical Center in the campus.
• Cricket Ground maintained to National Standards.
• 18 hole Golf Course located in the campus.
• Facilities for Snooker, Billiards, Shuttle, Law Tennis, Football, Volleyball & Basketball.
• Transport Facility.
• Banking, STD / ISD & Post Office are located very near to college.
To provide a homely atmosphere and a suitable ambience for studying the college has built separate hostels for Junior Boys (1st Year), Senior Boys and Girls. All these hostels have separate wardens who are devoted to their task and to look after the welfare of the students with care and dedication.