Sir J J Institute of Applied Art started operations in the premises of Sir J. J. School of Art in 1935 and was awarded independent institute status in 1961.
Well-equipped illustration studio where 150 students can sit comfortably and work. Well-equipped Photography studio with 7 darkrooms and a shooting studio with ample instruments for b/w and colour photography.A Print-shop with 4 printing machines and a complete infra-structure of Silk Screen Printing Studio, Block-making and Processing Unit and a Typesetting section.
Library: The institute's library has more than 5000 books and many periodicals in collection. A well illuminated ample space for readers with a photo-copying facility.
A well managed Hostel for 120 students.