Pachhunga University College is the Constituent College of Mizoram University. The college is accredited A+ (Cgpa-3.51) in 2016 and also selected as College With Potential for Excellence .The college caters Undergraduate degree course in Arts, Science and Commerce.The college also have 6 add on courses and UGC-Community college- Diploma in Mushroom Cultivation.The college was established on 15th August 1958 as ‘Aijal College’ to become the first institution of higher education in Mizoram. It was founded and managed by a group of Mizo elders among which Mr. Pachhunga, a leading entrepreneur of the day, was the major benefactor, and after his demise the college was renamed Pachhunga Memorial College.The college was provincialized by the Assam Government in 1965 and the college became Pachhunga Memorial Government College (PMG).The college was renamed Pachhunga College in 1977. On April 19, 1979 the North Eastern Hill University (NEHU) adopted and upgraded it as its only constituent college to become a pace-setting institution. The college eventually received its fourth name Pachhunga University College (PUC). With the establishment of Mizoram University, the entire management was handed over to the new university on July, 2001.
Library: Pachhunga University College started as a Private Night College in 1958 which is also the year of establishment of the library with Mr. Lalmakthanga as the Librarian. The first separate library building was set up in 1960 with a mere two cupboards of books which soon grew to be one of the best college library in the whole North-East Region. It was known for its collection which consists of rare books and a good reference section. Unfortunately in 1981 due to insurgency of the locals the library which was built up for more than twenty years with a collection of 25000 books was burnt down to ashes. The College Library then took its rebirth in 1984-85, since then the collection of books have been growing steadily along with its staff and building. Due to natural calamity and also with the need for extension, the library building was dismantled in 2010 and is rebuilt with a well planned architecture which is now occupied and is functioning in full swing since 12th July, 2013. The new library is now equipped with new furniture worth Rs. 46,08,140/- ( Rupees Forty Six Lakhs Eight Thousand One Hundred and Forty Only). It has become the centre of attraction for the students as well as teachers and it hopes to move forward in building a modern library which is well equipped, user friendly and resourceful such that researchers of different university can get maximum benefit from it.
Fitness Club: The college fitness center is newly established with the grant received from UGC. The center aims to provide quality recreational and fitness activities for students, faculties and staff in a user friendly environment. New equipments including cardio machines, weight machines and free weights are recently purchased to provide facilities for balanced exercise. The center is located at the basement of Physical Science Building. It is open in the morning from 5:30 AM to 8 AM and also in the evening from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM. Membership is open for all students, faculties and staff with a payment of annual registration fee and monthly fee. Those who wishes to become a member must follow the user instructions laid down by the Fitness Club.