The Commerce College, Kokrajhar was established in 17th March 1985 through a Resolution adopted in a Public Meeting held at PRAGATI BHAWAN, Kokrajhar under the Presidentship of Late R. N. Basumatary, the then Minister of Flood Control, Govt. of Assam to start its Academic Session from 1985-1986 under Section 23(e) of the Gauhati University Act, 1947.Accordingly the Gauhati University has accorded necessary Permission and Affiliation up to Degree (B.Com.) Standard in General and Major Courses under Gauhati University Act, 1947 Sec.21 (g) as amended up to date and approved by the Executive Council of the G.U. The Government of Assam has accorded necessary Govt. Concurrences on the G.U. affiliations to the College. University Grant Commission (UGC) has given the Recognition to the College in 2006 under the UGC Act. 1956 Vide Letter No. F.8-33/2005(CPP-I) dated 21st June, 2006.
1. College Library and its Reading Room: Students may borrow books from the library against the Library Cards. They may read various newspapers and journals in the reading room of the library.There is a book bank facility meant for the poor and needy students.
2. Canteen: The college canteen provides refreshments for the staff and students at a reasonable rate with moderate atmosphere.
3. Parking: There is a parking shed for vehicles and Bicycles in the College.
4. Drinking Water: Purified drinking water facility is available for all in the college.
5. Complain-Cum Suggestion:Students may put their complaints and valuable suggestions, if any, in the “complain cum-suggestion” for remedies & overall improvement of the college.
6. Auditorium: The college has a well equipped auditorium with the sitting capacity of 500