“Veerasaiva Vidyavardhaka Sangha” in the year 1916 to sun some Primary, Higher- Primary and High Schools in Bellary district. Also it started running hostels for poor students providing food and accommodation at free of cost.Being in the field of education, the sangha identified in 1945 the necessity of a degree college in Bellary region to cater to the needs of the people in higher education. As a founding father came forward then active president of the sangha Sri.Yechi Reddy Mahabaleshwarappa with all enthusiasm and earnestness to swim against the strong current of the madras government policy of neither giving permission easily for private colleges nor the government itself opening new colleges and to establish a College. As he was then the President of the District Board and reputed public figure through the state for his able, efficient and honest administration, making use of his good offices succeeded in collecting three lakhs rupees from donors. On the personal request Sri.Y.Mahabaleswarappa seeking the permission to open a college, the Vice Chancellor of Madras University Dr. Lakshmana Swamy Mudaliar came to Bellary, conducted a survey , held discussions and granted permission to open the colleges on the condition that the required norms must be fulfilled within three years. Thus took Veerashaiva College its birth in 1945.
Library: The Library is established since its inception of the veerashaiva college in the year 1945.In the initial stage library was housed in the Auditorium building of the college and in the year 2000 it was shifted to the Newly constructed independent library building.The total carpet areaof the library building is 1359 sq feet and constructed in two floor. In the year 2004. The central library was renamed as “ Library and information Centre”.
Placement Service Available