About six decades ago, 1952, Sri G.V.G Visalakshi College appeared on the academic map of Tamilnadu as the first Women’s College in Coimbatore District.Sri G.V.Govindaswamy Naidu, who envisioned a futurity of emancipated womanhood of the socially, economically and culturally backward rural society of udumalpet in his days. His posterity, the great granddaughter of the founder, Smt.Sumathi Krishnaprasad, our Managing Trustee and Secretary has fostered and nurtured the spirit of her sire. Enlarging the scope and variety of higher education offering a multiplicity of traditional and modern courses.
Well equipied labs,
CAMU – the learning management software is installed for e-learning and virtual learning. Internet facility with a 2 Mbps, 4Mbps and 10 Mbps to facilitate campus management system and research. Digital Library was established in the year 2014-15. A networking of 19 systems with internet facility is made available to the students and faculty from the year 2014.,
Band Troop is established with 30 students, at an estimated cost of Rs 1,60,000/- for Band instruments,
Hostel within the campus housing nearly 618 students.There are 3 blocks in hostel, named as Annam. Deepam, Padmam.
Placement Service Available