M.R.P.G College was founded under the auspices of the Maharajah Alak Narayan Society of Arts and Sciences (MANSAS) Trust. The MANSAS Trust was established in the year 1958, by Dr. P.V.G. Raju, Raja Saheb of Vizianagaram, by donating a major extent of his landed property to serve the cause of Education.
Maharajah's College, Vizianagaram, popularly known as M.R. College, which was established in 1879, introduced PG Courses in November 1987. In the First year, only three departments - the Department of Commerce, the department of Economics and the Department of History - occupied three small rooms in M.R. College for UG with 5 teaching faculty and 87 Students.
Subsequently in 1995 M.R. College for P.G Courses, as it was then called, shifted to the present campus. Since then the present M.R P.G College has grown steadily and healthily into a 14-department campus with a built-up area of 83,500 sq. ft. All the rooms are adorned either with equipment or with furniture. On any working day the college is vibrant with nearly 1000 students, 44 Non-Teaching staff and 64 teaching faculty.
Library : The college has procured about 10,180 titles of 25,000 books and is subscribing to various national and international journals, magazines and news papers.
Transport : The College maintains four buses for transporting the staff and students, who are residing in the nearby areas. The commuters should pay prescribed fee for transport. Further, the college extends free transport facility to SC/ST students, who are residing in the social welfare hostels.The college has spacious parking facility for two wheelers and for four wheelers.
Canara Bank: The institution has an extension of Canara Bank, which is situated in the Phool Baugh near by Bajaj Show Room.
canteen : The college has a well-maintained canteen with a plinth area of 6000 sft. It serves snacks, tea, coffee, bakery products and meals in a hygenic atmosphere during working days.
The MRPG College provide hostel facility for both boys and girls seperately. Girls Hostel facilatated seperate building in the campus itself and Boys hostel situated 1 km far away from the campus which is maintained in the rented building, accomodate nearly 90 Students. Where as girls hostel can accomodate about 140 candidate with attached bath rooms.
Placement Service Available