Sikkim Government College, Tadong now Nar Bahadur Bhandari Degree College was established in September 1977 by an Act of State Legislature. The campus is spread over 22 acres in Tadong, 5 km from Gangtok, the Capital of Sikkim. The College is affiliated to Sikkim University and is governed by Directorate of Higher Education, Human Resource Development Department, Government of Sikkim. The College strived to cater to the growing need of quality education in Sikkim. The College follows intensive semester system and Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) having an up-to-date, inter-disciplinary and interactive course structure.
• Smart Classrooms to increase the imagination of the students and to utilize the power of picture to communicate effectively with students Smart classroom has been established.
• All the Departments have been provided with LCD projectors and Computer facilities for the benefit of Students and faculty.
• The College has 31 spacious classrooms with proper lighting and ventilation which are also used for tutorial/ remedial classes;
• ICT enabled Smart classroom, laboratories, 3 Research laboratories and equipments for teaching-learning and research.
• The College also has a Bio Tech Hub established in the Department of Zoology under DBT, New Delhi.
• Computer laboratory has been established in the College where computer classes for the Department of Commerce and Mathematics are held. The laboratory is also open to all the students to facilitate computer aided teaching.
• Institutional Level Biotech Hubs (IBThub): Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. “Institutional Level Biotech Hubs (IBThub)” for in-campus training of students, teachers and for conducting workshop.
• Well equipped Departmental research laboratories in the departments of Botany, Physics and Zoology. Department of Science and Technology,
• WIFI campus, Internet access, Xerox facility for students, smart classroom, use of LCD projectors.