The Faculty consists of three departments namely Department of English and Modern European Languages, Department of Hindi
Department of Sanskrit, Philosophy and Vedic Studies.The Department runs regular courses in English, French and German. After being established in 1943 with the introduction of B.A. in English, the department started M.A. in 1963 and M.Phil (ELT) in 1987. German language instruction started in 1962 and was followed by the initiation of French language instruction in1963.
Good physical infrastructure, Well-maintained library containing sufficient text books as well as rare reference books, international and national literary and linguistic journals, Audio and Video CDs and DVDs, Fully equipped language laboratory, Modern audio visual aids including LCD projector and other multimedia equipments