Saraswat Khatri Pathshala Society was registered and established as charitable society in the year 1921 on the auspicious day of “Basant Panchami”, with a motive to establish educational institution in the holy city of Allahabad. The land for the establishment was donated by “Late Lala Sadanlal Khanna”.In the international year for women 1975, members of the Khatri Pathshala Society contributed to establish a Degree College with outstanding contribution of late S.N. Kakkar (Ex- Minister, Union of India), Prof . D. D. Khanna (Ex-Head of Department, Defence Studies, University of Allahabad ) and Sri Shyam Narain Kapoor for establishing girls` degree college in name of Sadanlal Sanwaldas Khanna Girls` Degree College. The institution has grown from faculty to multi faculty where in education is being imparted in the faculty of Arts, Science and Commerce.