Maharani's Science College for Women was established in 1917 by the Queen Regent of Mysore, Maharani Kemparajammanni Divya Sannidhi mother of His Highness Sri Krishnaraja Wodeyar in the present heritage building located at Jhansi Lakshmi Bai Road, Mysore.
The College is affiliated to the University of Mysore and is under the administrative control of Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka and University of Mysore. Financial assistance is provided by the Government of Karnataka, the University Grants Commission,and contribution from students, alumni and College Development Council.
Maharani's Science College for Women is a prestigious Government institution located in the heart of the city with a campus which sprawls over 5 acres and is well connected by train and bus services. It is well equipped to impart higher learning to the learners. MSCWM Library and information centre is established in the year 1917 with the objective of fulfilling all sorts of information needs of the institution and function based on the quality policy of Government of Karnataka.Library is time to time setting new goals and successful in achieving all the goals it has emerged has modern library with its state of the art facilities and good infrastructure.