Dr.Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the then vice-chancellor of Andhra University and later President of India inaugurated the Hindu college in 1935, with a few Science departments and departments of languages. It become a first grade College in 1947.Originally affiliated to Andhra University and later to Nagarjuna University, the College got UGC recognition in 1956
The P.G. Campus has been well equipped with laboratories, a spacious seminar hall and well-furnished library. The College has four well-equipped computer labs with 155 latest computer systems connected through network and with advanced licensed software and packages. An Internet connection (Sify-Broadband) is also provided to enable the students to know the global developments in the field of Information Technology. The P.G.College has also equipped its Physics labs well with sophisticated instruments.The P.G. College has got a good collection of standard books on different subjects and has been subscribing to national and international journals, periodicals, magazines and dailies of high caliber.