The history of V.V.Vanniaperumal College for Women, a temple of learning founded by a great visionary Shri V.V.Vanniaperumal Nadar with a singular objective of empowering rural women through higher education, is a saga of human excellence, endurance and commitment for five decades.
Having started with a meagre strength in 1962, the institution has grown by leaps and bounds into one of the reputed women's colleges in Tamilnadu. The strength has reached 4117 students of which 2047 are admitted in adided courses and 2013 are admitted in self finance courses. The college offers 21 UG courses, 14 PG courses, 6 M.Phil. programs and 3 Ph.D. programs. At present 92 teaching staff serve in the aided departments and 122 in the self finance departments. There are earnest and enthusiastic 180 non-teaching staff (25 in aided and 155 in self finance). The college became an autonomous institution in 2009 and it was reaccredited with 'A' GRADE in 2010 by NAAC.
Library: Pioneer in using FOSS (Free Open Source Software) for automation, digitization, website creation. Open Access System. OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog). Members of DELNET, UGC NLIST.
Transport: A Fleet of buses ply on various routes covering the entire town and nearby areas like Thirumanagalam & Aruppukottai.
accomodation available for 1700 in 6 hostels