The inception of Tinsukia College in the Year 1956 was the result of strenuous efforts of Late B. K. Saraswatji. The first meeting of the organizing Committee was held on 26th May, 1956 in the premises of Hindi English High School. The Govt. of Assam also initiated the process of allotting 15 Bighas of Land for this ambititious project. The inaugural ceremony of the College was held on 19th August, 1956 where the leading citizens of the Town voluntarily contributed Rs. 36000/ (Rupees Thirty Six Thousand) in the inaugural ceremony itself. 1st September, 1956 is the red letter day in the annals of Tinsukia College when the Rolls were called out for the first time. Initially the college was housed in the present Senairam Higher Secondary School. It was only in 1961 that it was shifted to the present building and since then thousands of students have left the college and attained eminent positions in the social mainstream.Expansion in terms of building and other infrastructural facilities as well as number of students continued and the college was upgraded to graduation level in 1958 with Arts and Commerce faculty. In 1964, Science faculty was added which made it a multifaculty institution of Higher Education.
CANTEEN: The College has a well ventilated & fully furnished Veg & Non-veg canteen for providing hygienic eatables & delicacies for students & teachers.
FITNESS CENTRE: As part of the fitness drive and facilitate toning of the whole body, a multi-stationed fitness centre with Tread mill, Orbitruk, Vibrators, Wrist curt, Bicycle aerometer, Cross over machine, etc.is available.
The college has a central library with a present stock of approximately 50,000 books including some rare publications. Besides reference books, there are a good number of journal and periodicals in different disciplines of Arts, Science & Commerce, General Knowledge, etc
DEPARTMENTAL LIBRARY: Many teaching departments of the college also have their own departmental libraries where books can be used by the students on the campus but are not allowed to take home.
COMPUTER CENTRE: “Golden Jubilee Media Centre” established by the College Teachers’ Unit, is located in the Central Library. It is equipped with a Wi-Fi internet connection with fourteen terminals. Only bonafide students of the college can use this facility free of cost.
AUDIO VISUAL ROOM: There are two audio visual rooms in the college where all sorts of modern facilities are available for organizing departmental seminars & other special lectures.
BOTANICAL GARDEN: There is a botanical garden in the college where plants of various species including some medicinal plants are available for the purpose of experimentation and teaching within the college campus. It is looked after & managed by the Botany Department.
AUDITORIUM HALL: There is a Auditorium Hall in the college where enable an audience to hear and watch performances at venues such as Annual Function, College Programs etc.
Separate Hostel Facilities Available