The R.C. Technical Institute was established by Rao Bahadoor Ranchhodlal Chhotalal (The First Nagarpati and pioneer of textile industry in India) in year 1910 at Saraspur,Ahmedabad.Later in the year 1930,this institute was handed over to the then State Government of Bombay. Initially,the institute was running certificate courses in Mechanical,Electrical,Textile Spinning,Textile Weaving and Textile Processing. In the year 1947, these certificate courses were replaced by new Diploma programmes in Textile Manufacturing and Textile Processing.Looking to the need of industries, the programes like Printing technology,Mechanical Engineering,Electrical Engineering,Computer Engineering,IT Engineering & Civil etc. are added gradually. To accomodate this expansion in environmentaly clean and layer area, the institute is shifted to the new campus at sola,ahmedabad in june 1997.
Library: 19500 books and reference books and 21 magazines in Library with 60 students reading capacity. Book bank facility is also available. The library is equipped with 6 computer systems and internet facility.
Fully equipped wifi campus
Campus: 15224 sqm built-up area for well developed classrooms, laboratories, library, workshops, learning resource users centre, amenity hall, boys hostel with mess, staff quarters, etc.
Laboratories: Laboratories are updated with modern machineries, equipments and instruments.
Sports Facility: Amenities like sports ground, indoor games, girls’ room, canteen, etc.
Hostel Facilities Available: Sepreate Hotel Facility is Available for both Girls and Boys.
Placement Service Available