South Calcutta Girls’ College takes pride in being the first college for women in south Kolkata. It was established in 1932 by eminent scholars and educationists like Peary Mohan Chatterjee, after whom the College library is named.
South Calcutta Girls’ College was initially a sister organization of the Beltala Girls’ School and functioned as a morning college in the school premises till mid-July, 1946. The College then shifted to 72 , Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata 700025, where it stands now. In the year 2007, the college reached a new era of completing sevent five years.
Library, Canteen, Audio Visual Room, Gym
Hostel Facilities Available
South Calcutta Girls’ College is the only college in the southern part of the city that offers hostel facility to the students. It can at present accommodate 50 boarders. The hostel is efficiently run on a low cost basis and great attention is paid to the cleanliness of the premises,food, discipline and well being of the students.
Hostel Charges are payable at the time of admission. Only food charges may be paid in two installments in an equal amount. First installment to be paid at the time of admission and the second installment in the month of December every year. Once admitted, only the caution money will be refunded