Gaya College, Gaya had a modest start in 1944 on the eastern side of the legendary Phalgu River. Immediately after Independence, the College was shifted to the present campus in 1948. The chief intent of the mission was to impart quality teaching in various disciplines of higher education. It is blessed with a 57 acre sprawling campus. The college had affiliations with different Universities of the State like Patna University, Patna and Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and is proud of being the first constituent unit of Magadh University, Bodh Gaya, established in 1962. The College was accredited in 2008 with NAAC Grade – A (CGPA : 3.08). The UGC granted CPE status to the College in 2010. The State Govt. of Bihar also selected this College as one of the potentially excellent colleges of Bihar.
The College has a Placement Cell that organizes campus interviews to facilitate job proposals for the final year students. The College has a Placement Cell that organizes campus interviews to facilitate job proposals for the final year students.