Madras Medical College (MMC) is one of the oldest Medical Colleges in the Indian Subcontinent. The Government General Hospital one of the premier Institutions in the country was started on 16th November 1664 as a small Hospital to treat the sick soldiers of the East India Company. In 1857, it gained affiliation to the University of Madras. The institution holds the pride of place in having the first lady Doctor in the English speaking World and the first Indian lady Doctor to graduate from this School. After the affiliation in 1857 the College moved to be a center of excellence imparting training in all the specialities in the field of medicine and surgery and it is now one of the premier institutions in the country with under graduate, post graduate and super speciality courses such as Pharmacy.
Wi-Fi enabled lecture halls
Sports and Games