Located in southern part of Haryana The land of Vedas Dronacharya govt. College was established in May 1951 by the stupendous efforts of Goswami Ganesh Dutt, a renowned leader of ‘SanatanDharam’ alongwiththe other educationists and philanthropists, to serve the noble cause of imparting higher education to the knowledge- seekers. Erstwhile known as, “Hindu College Gujranwala” it was serving the purpose of Higher education in Guranwalaregion in pre partiotioned Punjab. Standing at the historical site of Gurgaon a city associated with the legendaryfigure Guru Dronacharya; who gave the world the best archer, Arjuna, and some supreme religious Master Yudishistra, this college has been consistently providing knowledge for the last three decades by the name of ‘Dronacharya Sana tanDharma College ‘. It was taken over by the Haryana Govt. on January 14, 1980 and came to be known as ‘Dronacharya Govt.College’.
The College has wide spread beautiful campus with following facilities.
College Campus; Library; Hostel; Sports; Labs; Medical Facilities; College Auditorium; Conference Cum Seminar Hall; Canteen
Following scholarships and financial helps are available for the students in the Dronacharya Govt. College. Eligible students should fill up and submit their forms within the prescribed date. They can take more information from the college office.
1. Indian Government Post Matric Scholarships, only for students of Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes and Backward Classes.
2. Post Matric Scholarships of Government of India for students coming from small income family.
3. Harijan Kalyan Yojna of Haryana Government.
4. National Credit Scholarship Plan.
5. National Scholarship Plan of Government of India.
6. Residential Scholarship Plan of Haryana Govt. for students of Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes and Backward Classes.
To take the benefits of these scholarship plans the eligible students are advised to submit their forms with the required documents like the annual income certificate of their parents and their caste certificates.