M. G. Govt. Arts and Science College is a premier institution of higher education in Chhattisgarh.
The 3.25 acres land of the college Campus. The college has the logo -------- meaning from -------- as it was set up with the aim to bring the Student of this under-developed region to the main stream of the nation. Started with mere 200 students,the college today has fullcapacity of 1825 students striving ahead for academic excellence.
The college got an status in the year 1964 under municipal body which was taken over by the governmentin 1984 . There is a “Jan Bhagidari Samiti” which also works in college, management.
This Govt. college is affiliated to Blispur University, Bilaspur . It is widely known for its multi-disciplinary areas of study viz. Arts, Commerce, Science .
Library: The college is a ‘Golden Treasury’ in the form of a rich library with almost 31,500 Books, 45 National and International Journals and a number of magazines and newspapers. .
Laboratories: The college has well-equipped laboratories for botany, zoology, chemistry and geography. etc.