Michael Madhusudan Dutta College, the only institution of higher education in the Sub-Division was
established on 24th September,1987.
The location of the College is at
a beautiful place along the ational Highway No.8 with a vast plot of 50.69 acres. The land was arranged under the auspicious endeavor of the Sabroom Nagar Panchayat. The seedbed of this institution was Sabroom Boys H.S.School. Initially, the college was known as Sabroom Government Degree College but on 08.04.2002, the State Government named it after the Bengali legendary poet Michael Madhusudan Dutta (25.01.1824 – 29.06.1873).
Present two-storied building of the
college at Jalefa was constructed
in two phases. The front phase was inaugurated on 8th April,2002 by the then Honourable P.W.D. Minister of Tripura, Mr. Badal Chaudhuri and the administrative
block was also inaugurated in the
same year on 14th November by the
then Honourable Member of Parliament, Sri Bajuban Reang. The
College was shifted to the new building on 8th April, 2002.
The building of the College Auditorium is in the final stage of