Kurji Holy Family Hospital was founded by the Medical Mission Sisters(MMS),a group of women religious in the catholic church, through the inspiration of their founder Mother (Dr.) Anna Dengel who first came to Padri Ki-Haweli, Patna City in 1939 and it functioned there till 1958. It was shifted to Kurji and formally inaugurated on November 19, 1958 by His Excellency Dr. Zakir Hussain, President of India. The School is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi. The school was
affiliated to the Bihar Nurses Registration Council, Patna from the beginning and since 1997 it is affiliated to the Mid India Board of Education, Nagpur.