Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2023
Details of Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2023
Joint Entrance Screening Test
(JEST) 2023 : On 11th March, 2023
|Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2023
Science/ IT Admissions 2023
On March 6, 2023
By Webindia123 Editor
|Last Date for online Form submission
||3rd March 2023
|Joint Entrance Screening Test- JEST 2023
||26th March 2023
|Announcement of Results
|Interviews will start from
A number of reputed institutes in the country have come together to conduct
a Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for enrolment of students in Ph.D. /
Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. programs in physics (including various inter-disciplinary
research areas in physics) and Theoretical Computer Science.
JEST is conducted for selecting candidates to be interviewed for admission
to Ph. D. Programmes in Physics/ Theoretical Computer Science in these institutions
in the country.
Applications are invited from motivated students, with consistently good academic
record, for appearing in JEST leading to enrolment in a Ph. D. Programme in
Physics (including various inter-disciplinary research areas in Physics)/ Theoretical
Computer Science, at any of the premier participating institutions
Institutions participating in JEST are :
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES),
- Bose Institute, Kolkata
- Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad
- International centre for theoretical sciences (ICTS), Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam (IGCAR), Kalpakkam
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai
Institute of Physics (IOP), Bhubaneswar
- Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA),
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR),
- National Brain Research Centre (NBRC),
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR (NCRA),
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar
- Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore
- Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), Kolkata
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS), Kolkata
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad(TIFR-TCIS)
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research (UGC-DAE CSR), Indore
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata
- M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes).
Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics, as listed below.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and
Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be cnsidered at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech Eng. Phys.will be considered at TIFR.
- M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc:
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech - Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B. Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc - PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech - Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram.
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
M. Sc. Programme at HRI.
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2022. The Integrated
Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2022.
Visit websites of participating institutes for further details.
Exam centers : Ahmedabad,
How to Apply :
Candidates for Physics / Theoretical Computer Science can apply for JEST-2022
ON-LINE through www.jest.org.in. Although
ON-LINE applications are preferred, for those who have difficulty in accessing
internet, hard copy of the application form can be requested by writing to The
JEST Coordinator, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
560012. Email applications and photocopies of printed applications will not
Candidates seeking admission to any of the institutes for a Ph. D. Programme
in Physics / Theoretical Computer Science may appear for JEST (written test
in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science as applicable) at the test center
chosen by the candidate.
An Application Fee of Rs. 400 (Rs 200 for SC/ST applicants ONLY) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using Debit/Credit cards and Net-banking. Payment by any other mode will NOT be accepted.
More details can be available from the official website
||The JEST Coordinator
Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science,
Find it Useful ? Help Others by Sharing Online
Comments and Discussions