The DHSK College, originally named the Dibrugarh College way back in 15th June, 1945, later on came to be renamed after its donors as Dibrugarh Hanumanbax Surajmall Kanoi College in 1957. It is a pleasure to remember even today that Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, the then Vice-President of India came all the way from Delhi to inaugurate the College. It is interesting to know that the donors of Kanoi College and Dr. LP Dutta, the then Vice-Principal of this Institution of higher Education had a major hand in establishment of Dibrugarh University in 1965. The nucleus of the two nearby Colleges namely DHSK Commerce College and MDK Girls’ College had also their origin in this College itself.
LIBRARY:The central library of the college has more than 40,000 books and subscribes to 11 journals, 9 magazines, bulletins etc. It has back volumes of a few rare and prestigious journals. The library also subscribes to a number of daily newspapers. The library houses a reference room with around 10,000 books. The Library is computerized.
LABORATORY: The College has well equipped laboratories for Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Computer Science, Zoology Anthropology, Geography and Statistics. The laboratories have provisions of pipe gas, water, electricity and necessary practical apparatus
COMPUTER CENTER: The computer laboratory of the College was established in 2008. There are twenty computers of latest configuration. Broadband Wi-fi internet facility is available.
AUDITORIUM: The beautiful building of the Lal Chand Kanoi Auditorium is situated near the main college building. The spacious sound proof auditorium with a well-set stage has a capacity of seating more than 500.
CONFERENCE HALL: The Conference hall is well equipped with modern electronic gadgets and can accommodate an audience of 100.
COLLEGE CANTEEN:The college has two canteens within the campus run by private parties.
The college has one girls’ hostel situated within the college campus.