The Dasaratha Deb Memorial College, Khowai started its journey on 24th November,1979 at Khowai Government Higher Secondary School with only 3 students. It was then affiliated to Calcutta University, West Bengal. The foundation stone of new building at its present location was laid by the then Educational Minister, Government of Tripura, Shri Dasaratha Deb
Library: Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (Education Commission -1948) “The library is the heart of all university’s work; directly so as regards its research work and indirectly as regards its educational work which derives its life from research work. Scientific research needs a library as well as its laboratory while for a humanistic research the library is both library and laboratory in one.”(National Knowledge Commission - 2005) "Libraries have a recognized social function . . . serve as local centres of information, learning and gateways to national and global knowledge".