A.P Sen Memorial Girls College was established in the year 1902 under the name Mahakali Pathshala. It was given recognition under the name ‘Harimati Balika Vidyalay’. The aim of the college was to provide education to Bengalis in their own language. In 1933 it received temporary recognition for High School and intermediate from U.P Board. It was at this time it acquired the name ‘Jubilee-girls School’. The girls institution has been fortunate to have received the patronage of such eminent Personalities as L.M Jopling (city magistrate) and M.F.A Richardson (inspector of schools). In 1944, the school received permanent recognition for High school. It advanced to an Inter college in 1947, and to a Degree College in 1955. Since the time the college has been affiliated to the Lucknow University, it has been contributing to the education of girls. It was with the initiative of the first principal, late (Miss) Beena Dutta, that the college advanced from a primary school to a renowned degree college of the city. She is remembered even today for her love of discipline for her colleagues as well as her students.