Charpak Masters Scholarship in France
Areas of Study :
Scholarship Funded by :
Embassy of France in India
Provided to :
Indian students to pursue two years Master's degree course in France
The Charpak scholarship program established by the Embassy of France in
India is designed for the Indian students to pursue two years Master's degree
course in France. Charpak scholarship program is named after Georges Charpak (1924 -
2010), a French physicist who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1992.
The Charpak scholarship provides :
- Student visa fee waiver (16500 INR approx)
- Monthly stipend of 615‚ā¨ for up to 10 months (= 1 academic year, you can
reapply for a second year)
- Medical insurance coverage (300 euros/year approx)
- Affordable student housing guaranteed
The candidate should
- Be a citizen of India and reside in India.
- Be currently enrolled at an Indian Institution of higher learning or a young professional employed in a company for a maximum of 3 years at the time of application
- The course must take place in France. So those who have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
- An exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may reapply for a second year of funding in order to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level and a new statement of purpose.
- Non-scholarship holders currently pursuing M1 in France are not eligible for the scholarship.
Age limit: The candidate should not be more than 30 years old.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the academic excellence, as well as the consistency and quality of
the statement of purpose. Those having Knowledge in French language will be
more preferred. The applicants must have a tie-up between their current Indian institution and
future French institution.
Candidate can apply through the link
Before filling the application candidate should carefully read the application.
Fill each section of the Word format document by using Arial, font size 10 and
do not alter the format of the application form.
Candidate should also submit a statement of purpose which includes the explanation
for choosing the French institution which they have applied or have been
admitted, why they would be a worthy candidate for the scholarship, what will
be their future plans upon completion of the course. They should also mention
how they initially came to know about the Charpak scholarship program. The statement
of purpose should be one to two pages long.
Note: The candidate should ensure that their statement of purpose is original.
Candidate should send their duly filled, signed, printed and scanned application
form along with required documents
- Scanned copy of the first page of the passport (with photo and expiry date). If
the candidate will get the passport after the deadline, they should attach passport application proof.
- Full Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Scanned copy of admission/acceptance letter from the French higher education institution. If
not received it before the deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that
he/she is in the process of getting the acceptance letter from them.
- Attested (by a gazette officer or the Head of the institute where
one studied/are studying) scanned copies of mark sheets of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor's and Master's degrees (including those of completed semesters of the ongoing degree)
- French language certificate if any (from Alliance Franchise in India or any
recognized university or Xth marks card if French was your second language)
Awardees of the scholarship will be contacted via email or phone call; the results will be put up on
Alliance Francaise de Delhi
72 Lodhi Estate,