Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for Girl Students
(earlier known as) Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Minority Girls
Areas of Study :
School Level (10th Standard)
Scholarship Funded by :
Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF)
Provided to :
Meritorious Girl students belonging to National Minorities
|Last Date for receipt of completed application
|| By Post
||Sep 30, 2018
|| In Person / Online
||Sep 30, 2018
|All applications for the scholarship scheme by Maulana Azad Education Foundation is to be made online on the official website.
The application of the scholarship received after 15th November, will not be entertained under any circumstances. MAEF will not be
responsible for postal delay in the matter.
The Scheme of "Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship" for Girl
Students belonging to the Minority Communities was earlier known as
"Maulana Azad National Scholarship" Scheme.
Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme for Girls belonging to Minorities
is provided by Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) which is funded
by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. Maulana Azad
Education Foundation was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam
Azad's birth centenary and was registered under the Societies Registration
Act 1860, on 6th July, 1989. The Foundation is a voluntary non-political,
non-profit marking social service organization established to promote
education amongst the educationally backward sections of the society.
The aim of the Foundation is to formulate and implement educational schemes
and plans for the benefit of the educationally backward minorities in
particular and weaker sections in general.
Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Minority Girls is given to students
passing their Xth exam and taking admission in XIth in the year when result
of Xth exam is declared. The objective of the scholarship scheme is to
recognize, promote and assist meritorious Girl students belonging to National
Minorities who cannot continue their education without financial support.
Maulana Azad National Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure
on payment of School/ College Fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase
of stationery/equipments required for the course & payment of boarding/
The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees twelve thousand
only) which will be released in two installments of Rs. 6,000/- each.
The first installment will be released after sanction of scholarship and
the second installment will be released when the student will submit proof
of passing class XIth, and admonition to Class XIIth in the office of
Eligibility for Maulana Azad National Scholarship
Maulana Azad National Scholarship for Minority Girls are applicable to
students who qualifies the following criteria :
- Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities, (i.e. Muslims,
Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Parsis) can apply
- Should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the
secondary school certificate examination (Class xth) conducted by any
recognized Centre/ State Board of Secondary Education. This is only
qualifying percentage for applying and does not guarantee grant of scholarship
which is given to the top eligible applicant based on the quota fixed
for the concerned state from amongst the eligible application received
from the state.
- Family income of the student from all sources should be less than
Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh only) in the preceding financial year:
- In case of salaried class, the student must indicate the designation,
pay-scale, basic pay and other allowances along with total gross &
take home emoluments of the parent/ guardian. A mere statement saying
“Service” will not be acceptable. The student must attach
a Salary Certificate or Pension Certificate (in case of retired persons),
duly authenticated by controlling authority, of her parent/guardian
along with the application.
- In case of agriculture/horticulture etc., the students has to mention
total land holding with details of irrigated and non-irrigated and other
landed property owned by her family along with total income of the family.
- In case of business class, the student must categorically state the
name & type of the business along with the total turn over and the
total income of family.
- Income form all other sources must also be mentioned, specially if
mother is also employed.
- It must be noted that all income certificate and statements made by
the students in the application is subject to further verification of
Maulana Azad Education Foundation. In case of any deliberate discrepancy/concealment
of facts, the MAEF may cancel/ recover the scholarship granted/released
as well as initiate necessary action as per law.
- The income certificate/affidavit must be from the parents/guardian’s
side and should have been issued from the respective home station. The
income certificate issued or affidavit made from the place where the
student is studying, as against the home station, will NOT be acceptable
(in case of photocopy, it should be attested by Gazetted Officer or
Head of Institution).
- Should have Confirmed admission in class-XI. Admission Slip issued
by the college/ school where the student is presently studying and verification
of the principal, in the prescribed proforma must be sent with the application.
- The University/College/Institute offering admission should be recognized
by the Government at the Central or State level or any other competent
- It is one time scholarship, and no claim as permanent beneficiary
will be entertained. Student once selected for scholarship can not avail
the same again.
- A student getting a scholarship from any other source would not be
eligible for this Scholarship.
How to Apply for Maulana Azad National Scholarship
All applications for the scholarship scheme by Maulana Azad Education
Foundation is to be made online on the official website
- Application can be downloaded from the web site www.maef.nic.in. Photocopy
of the application form can be used freely. No fee/any other amount
is to be paid for application.
- Application form can be sent by the student directly to the Foundation
by post or can be submitted by hand from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.on all
working days in the office of the Foundation.
- No charges/fee is to be paid to any one for any services.
- Sanction letter/cheque for scholarship will sent by Regd. Post directly
to the address of successful candidate on completion of prescribed papers/formalities.
- For any query/information, only Secretary, MAEF should be contacted
List of documents to be attached
- Income Certificate/Affidavit
- Mark sheet of class Xth attested by the Principal of present School/College
- Verification by the Principal of present School/College
- Photo attested by the Principal of present School/College
- Proof of Religion certificate attested by the Principal of present
List of Recognized Boards/ Councils
- Andhra Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Arunachal Pradesh
- Board of Secondary Education, Assam
- Bihar School Examination Board, Bihar
- Chattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, Chattisgarh
- Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Goa
- Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Gujarat
- Haryana Board of Education, Haryana
- Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education, Himachal Pradesh
- J. & K State Board of School Education, Jammu & Kashmir
- Jharkhand Board of Secondary Education, Jharkhand
- Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board, Karnataka
- Kerala Board of Public Examination, Kerala
- Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education,
- Manipur Board of School Education, Manipur
- Meghalaya Board of School Education, Meghalaya
- Mizoram Board of School Education, Mizoram
- Nagaland Board of School Education, Nagaland
- Orissa Board of Secondary Education Orissa
- Punjab School Education Board, Punjab
- Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan
- Sikkim Board of Secondary Education, Sikkim
- Tamil Nadu Board of Secondary Education, Tamil Nadu
- Tripura Board of Secondary Education, Tripura
- U.P. Board of High School & Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh
- Uttaranchal Board of Secondary Education, Uttranchal
- West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, West Bengal
All India Boards/ Councils
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- National Open School, Delhi
For any further information on Maulana Azad National Scholarship
Scheme for meritorious girl students, refer the official website
Maulana Azad Education Foundation
(Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India)
Social Justice Service Centre, Chelmsford Road, New Delhi - 110055
Phone : 011-23583788, 23583789
Fax : 011-23561945