CCRT Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Field
Areas of Study :
Indian Classical Music and Dance, Traditional and Indigenous Arts
Scholarship Funded by :
Center for Cultural Resources and Training
Provided to :
Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields
Center for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), under the aegis of Ministry of Culture,
Govt. of India provides Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural
Fields. There are hundreds of art forms practiced in our country. This Scheme
seeks to give assistance to young artistes of outstanding promise for advanced
training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical
Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and
Light Classical Music etc.
Nature of Scholarship
The nature of training will be determined in each case after taking into
consideration the previous training and background of the scholar. Normally, it
will be in the nature of advance training under a Guru
/ Master or in a
recognized institution. Consequent upon his/her selection, the Scholar will be
required to undergo a rigorous training in the designated field. Such training
will include minimum of three hours a day for practice alone apart from the time
spent for acquiring knowledge of the theory of the subject/field concerned and
also an appreciation of the related disciplines.
The duration of scholarship will be two years. There are 400 scholarships
available for each year . One can apply for both the years separately, if
Value of scholarship
Each selected scholar will be paid @ Rs.5000/-per month for a period of two
years to cover his/ her living expenses on traveling, books, art material or
other equipment and tuition or training charges, if any.
- Candidates should have an adequate general education to pursue their
- Candidates must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of
their training effectively.
- As the scholarships are meant for advanced training and not for
beginners, candidates must have already acquired a degree of proficiency in
the chosen field.
- The candidate should have undergone a minimum of 05 years training with
their Guru/Institutes. The Certificate to this effect duly signed by the
present Guru/Institute and former Guru/Institute (if any) should be
submitted along with the application.
- After selection under this Scheme, no request for change of
Guru/Institute shall be entertained without prior permission of Ministry of
An Expert - Committee comprising experts in different fields duly constituted
by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, would interview all the
shortlisted applicants on the basis of their applications and proposed programme
of training to select the most meritorious among them.
The names of the candidates finally selected for the award of Scholarships
under this Scheme will be posted on the websites of CCRT & the Ministry of
Culture, after the selection process is completed and the selection is approved
by the competent authority
Age will be reckoned as on 1st April (not less than 18 and not more than 25).
There will not be any relaxation in age.
- Applications will be accepted online only. Incomplete applications in
any respect will be rejected summarily and no further correspondence will be
- The candidate must apply only in one subject/ field in which he/she is
confident because only one scholarship could be availed under the Scheme.
All applications of those, who apply in more than one subject/field would be
rejected straight away.
- Each successful application will be allotted a unique enrollment number
by the system. Candidate may refer to the number in their future
correspondence with the CCRT or Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
- Applicant can access filled/submitted application after login again on
CSMS portal i.e http://csms.nic.in. Select "Application Status" on
Dashboard. Select Scheme and Financial year then Click on search.
Application details will be displayed. Click on "Print Application" to print
or download submitted application. It may be noted that applicants will not
get any further opportunity to edit the details after closing date of online
- The list of shortlisted candidates for the interview will be posted on
CCRT’s website www.ccrtindia.gov.in.
- All the shortlisted candidates will be informed for the date, time and
venue of the interview/performance and the documentary requirements on the
e-mail address provided by them in their application(s). The candidate(s)
are required to remember their e-mail ID and respective password.(Candidate
must provide correct and accessible e-mail address so that he/she may be
informed of the interview dates).
- A copy of the online application form, with candidate’s photo and
signature at the specified space.
- One self-attested copy of Education Qualifications (Degrees, Diplomas
etc.), experiences etc.
- In the case of candidates applying for scholarship in the field of
Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts, they are required to come with
self-attested copies of 06 (six) photographs of the Original works. The
minimum qualification for Visual Arts is Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or
equivalent. An attested copy of the degree of BFA or equivalent is to
- In Sculpture and all other fields (Music, Dance, Theatre and Folk and
Indigenous Art etc) no minimum educational qualification is prescribed
- Xerox self attested copy of Date of Birth (DOB) certificate of the
candidate/ applicant or self-attested copy of the Matriculation (School
leaving certificate) or equivalent certificate or other admissible evidence
of age. (Other than Horoscope).
- Certificate from the present Guru / Institute in the format given at
- As the scholarships are awarded for advance training, the candidates
should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their
Gurus/Institutes. The certificates to this effect duly signed by the present
Guru/ Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted
along with the application.
- Any correction/cutting/overwriting in the Certificate of Guru/Institute
will make the applicant ineligible for Scholarship.
- Bank account details of the applicant, duly attested by the Branch
Manager of the Bank, in the format given at Part ‘III’[ Bank Authorization
- It is mandatory to submit all documents mentioned above at the time of
interview. If the candidate fails to submit any of these documents, he/she
will be ineligible for the interview or performance
- If the information furnished by the applicant is found to be
forged/false it will make him/her ineligible for reimbursement of train fare
and he/she would be barred from making any future applications for
Scholarship, Fellowship or for any grant from the Ministry of Culture
In case of any technical difficulties in submission of application on - line please contact NIC Cell, M/o Culture through mail at email@example.com
or on phone no. 011-23388601 (during week days only).
In case of any query related to eligibility, etc., please contact Director, CCRT, through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or on Telephone
Number 011-25309395/ 25309338 and Section Officer , S & F Section at phone no. 011-24642157 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Ministry of Culture,
Government of India
15-A, Sector - 7, Dwarka, New Delhi - 110075