|Tweet Pin It|
Max New York Life (MNYL)
Children who are studying in Nursery to class 8
Max New York Life (MNYL) Igenius Scholarship is a unique programme to recognize and reward children who excel not just in academics but also in extracurricular activities. Designed by the renowned personality - Derek O'Brien, igenius scholarship programme provides a platform to bring out the hidden genius in your child. The vision of igenius scholarship programme is to contribute towards a better future for our children.
Igenius Scholarship programme is open to all the children who are studying in Nursery to class 8 of government-recognized schools including private, public or national open schools all over India. There is no registration fees for igenius scholarship and the programme offer children an opportunity to win scholarships of up to Rs.10 Lacs and the duration of the programme is 1 year.
There are three categories for Igenius Scholarship programme
i) igenius Primary (Classes - Nursery, KG, 1 and 2)
ii) igenius Juniors (Classes - 3 to 5) and
iii) igenius Seniors (Classes - 6 to 8).
Igenius Primary scholarship program is open only through Max New York Life Agent Advisor Distribution channel and the registrations can be done at Max New York Life branch offices.
The eligibility and category is dependant upon the class the participant is in as per the current academic session.
• The participant
applying for the scholarship must be an Indian national and residing in
• Children of MNYL employees or Directors or individual agents or employees of Derek O’Brien and Associates or employees of Euro RSCG India Private Limited will not be eligible for the programme to avoid any conflict of interest.
• The Grand First Prize Winners of previous year Igenius Scholarship programmes will not be allowed to participate in the same category in which they have already won the Grand First Prize. However, if eligible there is no bar on such winners to participate in other categories of the programme.
No participation or any other fee is required to be paid for participating in the programme.
More than 1100 Scholarships worth Rs.1.1 Crores to be won.
• Grand First
Prize - Rs.10 Lacs : 2 Prizes out of any category, i.e. Primary, Junior
• 2nd Prize - Rs.1 Lac (25 Prizes) - 10 each for Juniors and Seniors categories and 5 for Primary category.
• 3rd Prize - Rs.10,000 (150 Prizes) - 60 each for Juniors and Seniors categories and 30 for Primary category.
• Consolation Prize - Rs.5000 (1000 Prizes) - 300 each for Juniors and Seniors categories and 400 for Primary category.
In case of a tie between two or more participants, the amount of scholarship shall be split between them. Besides the scholarship amount, top performers also get :
• Chance of
a lifetime to interact with and learn from renowned experts
• An opportunity for recognition at school, city and national level.
Top 5 schools which have the maximum participation amongst the final winners of the programme, will also be eligible to win school award worth Rs 50,000 each in kind or cash, which shall be subject to MNYL’s discretion.
The scholarships are non-transferable and not exchangeable. No other person or agent can claim the scholarship on behalf of the Participants unless specifically permitted by MNYL.
One can can register their child for igenius Scholarship online by filling up the registration form at http://www.igenius.org/igeniusregistration.aspx. Alternatively, you can get igenius scholarship registration forms from any of the Max New York Life branch offices.
Selection for Igenius Scholarship programme will comprise of 3 stages.
The Stage 1 of the offline test shall take place between February to June at MNYL offices on scheduled dates and time which will be informed to them by MNYL. Those qualifying for Stage 2 will have to appear in person for an interview with a select panel via video conferencing at cities mandated by MNYL at their own expense in the month of October. All participants have to choose a city nearest to the cities selected by MNYL as a home city and may have to travel to that city if they qualify for the Stage 2. The details of the video conferencing and the schedule for the interviews shall be informed to the participants. Those qualifying for Stage 2 will also be required to provide the proof of their academic and extra-curricular achievements. Shortlisted participants qualifying for Stage 3 will have to take part in the Grand Finale at Delhi in November. The reasonable costs of travel, boarding and lodging of the participant and one parent/ guardian of such participant for stage 3 will be borne by MNYL. The dates as mentioned are only tentative and may be changed subject to a notice of the same, which will be published on www.igenius.org.
If at any stage, the Participant does not appear for the scheduled stage, they would be automatically disqualified from the programme.
Preparation for Igenius Scholarship
• One of the three
R’s, which is considered to be the most useful is READ
• Read widely
- Newspapers, magazines, books, novels and whatever catches your eye
• Have a keen eye
- Catch details allowing your mind to carefully analyse pieces of information you come across such as posters, billboards, number plates of vehicles etc.
• Re-construct actively in your mind
- Jigsaw puzzles, letters of the alphabet, images, sentences and phrases, etc.
• Train your mind logically
- Think straight, find the extraordinary in the common
• Ask yourself questions
- Have a curious mind and go beyond the text or what you read
• Research and try to get additional information on topics, subjects and issues
• Be updated and well-informed
- This comes out of having a sense of curiosity and wanting to know
• Have an learning orientation
- This will make you to want to know more about things
• Think out of the box
- Recognise, define and creatively solve various problems
• Everyday issues and events
- Remember and associate people, places, happenings
• Enhance your communication skills
- Express your thoughts logically, training to sharpen your talents, discussions with others on various topics to sharpen your mind
• Be positive and clarify things you need to at various stages, do not hesitate to ask experts around you
• Practice makes one perfect
- Identify your weak areas and work upon them
• Look at doing things differently and in different ways
• Fix yourself a daily routine setting aside some time to just enjoy observing and learning
Contact Details :
Max New York Life Insurance Company Limited
11th floor, DLF Square Building, Jacaranda Marg
DLF City Phase II, Gurgaon (Haryana) - 122002
Tagsschool education scholarship
Find it Useful ? Help Others by Sharing Online
Comments and Discussions