National Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
National Scholarship for Higher Education of Schedule Tribe (ST) by government
Areas of Study :
Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law
Scholarship Funded by :
Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India
Provided to :
Meritorious Schedule Tribe (ST) Students
Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India offers scholarships for
meritorious Schedule Tribe (ST) Students from 158 Top Class Institutions Identified by Ministry of Tribal Affairs under the scheme of
'Central Sector Scheme of National Scholarship for Higher Education for ST
Students' through National e-Scholarship Portal. The Central Sector Scheme of National Scholarship formerly known as Central Sector Scheme of Top Class Education for ST students.
The Scholarship is awarded to the selected students for pursuing Graduate/Post Graduate level courses in
areas such as Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law and Training
etc in identified Institutions of excellence, Govt. and Private.
- Scholarship is provided for 1000 students. If the number of students
exceeds this number the Scholarship will be awarded on 'first come
first served' basis.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs provide 100% funding for the scheme
and the funds will be released in a single installment after
- Scholarship will be payable after a student has secured admission
and has started attending the class.
- The Scholarship once awarded, will continue till the completion of
the course subject to satisfactory performance.
- The students already in these schemes will continue to be in the
existing scheme till they complete their studies.
- Male and Female Scheduled Tribe students are eligible to apply
- ST students who have secured admission in any of the notified 158 Institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme
Monthly income of parent/guardian of the student should not be
more than Rs.4.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
Applicant has to apply online at the website for the scholarship.
For more details, visit to the Ministry of Tribal Affairs website
- Scanned copy of passport size colour photograph and signature in
digital format (.jpg / jpeg file only each less than 100 KB size) for
uploading with application
- Scanned copy of income issued by Revenue officer or Tehsildar in the
state / UT be Submitted(.jpg / jpeg file only each less than 100 KB
- Scanned copy of ST Certificate issued by competent authority(.jpg /
jpeg file only each less than 100 KB size)
- Scanned copy of bank account details of the student
Govt. of India
Ministry of Tribal Affairs Education Section,
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Phone : 23386980
Fax : 0129 - 2284371