|Tweet Pin It|
Comparative Study, Middle East Studies, Hebrew language and literature
Government of Israel
Foreign students to undertake research/specialization from the universities approved byt the Israeli Council
The Government of Israel offer scholarships to foreign students, as agreed in the Cultural Agreements between Israel and the countries namely Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada (Quebec Province), China, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Mexico, Moldova, The Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Republic of Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey.
Israel Government offers Scholarship to foreign students to undertake research/specialization from the universities approved by the Israeli Council for Higher Education and two short term (summer school) Scholarships for the students seeking to study Hebrew.
Subjects to study
Comparative Study (With specific reference to Judaism); Middle East Studies; Hebrew language and literature; History of the Jewish people; Economics; Agriculture; Business Management; Mass Communication; Environment Studies; Chemistry; Biology; Biotechnology
Different types of scholarships are offered by the Israeli government.
The Candidates can apply for any of the subjects in the following Universitites : Tel Aviv University, The Hebrew University, Haifa University, Bar Ilan University, Ben-Gurion University, Technion, Bezalel School for Art, the Volcani Center/Agricultural Research Organization, and the Weizmann Institute. Each university has a different procedure of registration.
For the research/specialization studies : A Masters degree with 60% or more marks for the subject of Agriculture; Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Environment Studies and Masters degree with 55% or more marks for the remaining subjects.
• Proof of Language Skills : lease try to be as accurate
as possible with your language skills description. If you conduct your
research/studies in English (and you are from a none English speaking
country) you will need to present a proof of studying English in a sufficient
level from an academic institute or present the result of one of the common
English tests such as: TOEFL, GRE, IELTS and GMAT. If you intend to do
your research/ studies in Hebrew, you will need to present a proof of
sufficient Hebrew knowledge such as the Ulpan results or the psychometric
• The applicant should meet the academic requirements of the Israeli University that he/she applies to.
• Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad
• Terms and
conditions of the scholarship will change every year according to the
yearly budget of Israel Government for this purpose
• The scholarship could be partial, or in rare cases full
• Partial scholarship will include health insurance and tuition fees OR Monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only).
Full scholarship will include tuition fees, a monthly allowance and health insurance
• Accommodation, transportation and travel arrangements to and from Israel are the applicant's responsibility
• Scholarships will be granted only in universities and programs approved by the Israel Government
• Scholarships for Ulpan language studies will be granted in the Ulpan chosen by the Israel Government only
• First priority will be given to candidates applying for a post doctorate program and to research students. Second priority will be given to PhD Students and to MA students. Third priority will be given to candidates for overseas programs.
Candidates can apply only through online. The format of the application form will be available from the website mhrd.gov.in.
Application forms on plain paper along with the following documents should reach the ‘Section Officer, Es.3 Section, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, A.1/W.3, Curzon Road Barracks, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110 001
letter describing the field you intend to study in Israel, specifying
the University you wish to attend
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copies of letters exchanged with Israeli universities or the Israel supervisor (in the case of a research project)
• Official original (or notarized copy) academic records of all relevant studies and test scores, diplomas attesting the completion of an academic degree, including transcript of the student's records
• At least two (2) letters of recommendation from lecturers/professors who taught the candidate
• 3 Colour passport size photographs (.jpg or .jpeg format)
• Certificate of health
Application forms should be filled in 3 copies. Please staple one photo to each copy of your application. To each copy, the applicant should attach a copy of all the documents required for this application. One copy goes to the embassy, one to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and one to the university.
You should apply in the country of your citizenship even if you are outside your country. You will need to compete with candidates from your country of origin and therefore you should apply there. You cannot apply directly to the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in most countries you need to apply through the local authority and not directly through the Israeli embassy. Students that hold another citizenship of a country that is on the list of countries on our website can apply in both countries.
Employed candidates must send their applications through their employers with “ No Objection Certificate”. However, an advance application can be submitted with the understanding that the application through employer should reach before the date of interview. Otherwise candidates will not be allowed to appear for interview. Advance application must be complete in all respects.
Interview letters are sent only to limited number of candidates after their applications are examined by the committee of experts.
TagsIsrael scholarship , Israel education , scholarship for higher education , Research Scholarship
Find it Useful ? Help Others by Sharing Online
Comments and Discussions