University of Birmingham LLB Scholarships for International Students
Areas of Study :
Scholarship Funded by :
Birmingham Law School of
University of Birmingham, UK
Provided to :
International applicants for pursuing LLB and LLB for Graduates
Birmingham Law School of University of Birmingham provides LLB and LLB for Graduates scholarship
for International applicants for pursuing one of the
undergraduate LLB programs and LLB for Graduates program at
Birmingham Law School. Scholarships are not paid directly to
successful applicants but will take the form of a fee reduction at
the beginning of the programe.
Subjects to Study
- LLB for Graduates
- LLB International Law and Globalisation
- LLB with Criminology
- LLB with French Law
- LLB with German
- £3,000 per annum will be awarded to successful applicants. Scholarships
are not paid directly to successful applicants but will take the form of a
fee reduction at the beginning of the programme.
- To retain the scholarship students must gain a minimum of a 2:1 (60%+)
in each year of study. Should these grades not be achieved, the scholarship
will be withdrawn for the remainder of the programme.
- Students on the Law with French Law or Law with German Law programmes
will receive scholarship payments in years 1,2 and 4 assuming all conditions
- Scholarships are available to all privately funded international
students categorised as overseas for fees purposes.
- Scholarships are only available for students beginning their programme
in September 2018 and cannot be deferred.
- Students in receipt of support from other funding bodies which wholly
cover their tuition are not eligible.
The LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarships will be available to students who
- International applicants : Be classed by the University as an overseas
fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding
tuition fees not covered by the scholarship
- Not already registered on a Law Program : Applicants must not currently
be enrolled on a undergraduate law degree course at Birmingham
- Self-funded : You must be self-funding and have sufficient funds to
cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any
visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- In receipt of an offer : You must have received an offer and selected
the University of Birmingham as your firm choice for a full-time
undergraduate law program starting September 2018. The student must be
entering the first year of an undergraduate program based at Birmingham’s UK
Award nomination will be based on the following
- Strength of the personal statement
- Academic achievements and previous study
- Any relevant professional qualifications and achievements
To be considered for LLB and LLB for Graduates scholarship, candidates
must have completed an application to study LLB Law at Birmingham. To make an
application to study for any of the undergraduate law courses,.
Candidates must apply through Universities and Colleges Admissions Service
(UCAS) via the relevant
programme page on the undergraduate law section of the University of Birmingham
The application includes a 500 word statement, in
which students should address why they should be made an award. You must include
your UCAS ID number in your application.
Successful applicants will be
notified in June.
For further information on scholarships, please contact +44 (0)121 414 6431
Log an online enquiry: www.birmingham.ac.uk