Rangoonwala Foundation India Trust Utkarsh Youth Development Scholarship
Areas of Study :
Engineering, Medical, Arts and Science, Social Work
Scholarship Funded by :
Rangoonwala Foundation (India) Trust
Provided to :
For needy students from Mumbai who have secured admissions to
Rangoonwala Foundation India Trust provides Utkarsh Youth Development
Scholarship program for needy students from Mumbai who have secured
admissions to professional colleges.
Rangoonwala Foundation (India) Trust is a Mumbai based, non-political,
not-for-profit development organization committed to sustainable people-centered
Since 2004, RF(I)T has been supporting needy students from Mumbai who have
secured admissions to professional colleges on merit, but are unable to pay for
education and related costs.
Which courses are supported by RF(I)T?
- Professional courses after HSC (Engineering, Medicine, IT etc.)
will be considered ONLY if there are no degree courses available for that
particular professional course.
- Post graduation degree and diploma.
- Foreign studies will not be
considered for scholarship support.
- For Engineering and Medical Courses : S.S.C., H.S.C. and CET Percentage
should be a minimum of 70%.
- For Engineering Diploma to Degree Courses : 85% (3years Diploma)
- Social Work Students : Average 60% (S.S.C.+H.S.C) for BSW, Average 70%
(S.S.C.+H.S.C+Graduation) for MSW
- For Commerce based courses and for the students coming from commerce
stream Average 70% (S.S.C.+H.S.C) and upto last level of study, After
graduation Average 70% (S.S.C.+H.S.C+Graduation)
- For Arts based courses and for the students coming from Arts stream
Average 65% S.S.C.+H.S.C) and upto last level of study, After
graduation Average 65% (S.S.C.+H.S.C+Graduation)
Who can apply for Utkarsh
- Mumbai based students who fulfill the percentage criteria
- Where fees of
Commerce and Arts stream courses are above Rs. 15,000/- per year.
- Where fees
of Science stream courses are above Rs. 20,000/- per year.
- Pre-screening: Base interview and document check to decide if a form is to be
- The form has components for the socio-economic profile of the family,
educational record since SSC or equivalent and competitive entrance exams, proof
of admission and fee structure, collective responsibility at the applicant's
level in the form of two references and two recommenders.
- This is followed by
a home visit and cross referencing.
- Based on the above, a final interview is
conducted to decide the nature and amount of assistance.
How to apply
Students have to come to RF(I)T office in person for profiling and application. Submit the Application form to RF(I)T office before the Last date
- Institutions and courses should be recognized and affiliated to established universities/govt.
- RF(I)T’s contribution will be made as reimbursement of fees paid, with noting on original fee receipt submitted.
- Students coming in the second year onwards or later should have to fulfill the above criteria and should not have any ATKT.
- 10 days of volunteering, as specified by RF(I)T is a mandatory requirement along with other Terms and Conditions of Utkarsh Youth Development Programme.
- NEET cut offs will be considered for medical & allied streams
For more details refer www.rangoonwala.org
Rangoonwala Foundation (India) Trust,
Mumbai 400 021,
Phone : +91-22- 66612553 / 63; 91-22- 66321978