|Tweet Pin It|
9th to 12th standard/Graduation / Post Graduation /Ph.D.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan
Regular students from 9th to Post Graduation and Ph.D
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) was established in October 1970 as an autonomous organization registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 for the development, preservation and promotion of Sanskrit learning all over the country and abroad. The Sansthan is fully financed by the Government of India and works as a vital agency of the Central Government.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan provide Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship for the promotion of Sanskrit language. This merit scholarship awarded mainly two categories of students.
• For regular students studying Sanskrit, as a subject
from any recognized traditional Pathshalas/ modern institutions / Secondary
/ Senior Secondary Schools from 9th to 12th standard
• For regular students pursuing higher studies in Sanskrit from any recognized educational institutions at the levels of Shastri / Graduation / Acharya / Post Graduation / Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D.
Number of Scholarships to be awarded each year depends on the availability of funds.
Rules and Regulations :
• Students must have opted for the subject i.e. Sanskrit in the
current class of Study for which he or she has applied for the Scholarship.
However, the grant of Scholarship will depend on the marks secured in the
previous class of study in the concerned subject and also in the aggregate.
• The Scholarship up to Post-Graduate and equivalent courses will be tenable for one Academic year i.e. (10 months) starting from the 1st July and ending with 30th April. As Scholarship is awarded only for one academic year on the basis of marks obtained in the previous examination, students have to apply every year afresh. It will not be renewed automatically.
• The Scholarship for the Ph.D will be tenable for two full Years i.e. 24 months subject to satisfactory progress report.
• Candidates applying for scholarship for 9th and 10th standard must submit the application duly counter signed by the concerned District Education Officer.
• The Students of faculties of Arts or Humanities having Sanskrit as a major subject will be eligible for scholarship in case of Graduation and Post Graduation level.
• The Scholarship amount will be payable from the 1st July of every academic year and will be released in the name of the concerned students by account payee cheque through the Head of the concerned institutions. In case any student wishes to receive the Scholarship directly in his/her State Bank Account, he/she must furnish State Bank Account number in the application form legibly.
• In the case of Ph.D and equivalent students, the institution concerned shall send Utilization Certificate and progress repot on the work done by the scholar through the guide and Head of the Department, to enable the Sansthan to release Scholarship for the second year.
• A candidate who receives any Scholarship or gets monetary benefits from any other institution will not be considered for Scholarship of the Sansthan under this Scheme. A candidate who accepts any remunerative job during the tenure of the Scholarship or undertakes to any other course of study which does not have component of Sanskrit will be disqualified from receiving this Scholarship. The Sansthan reserves the right to make such changes in these terms and conditions as it may consider necessary. The Sansthan also reserves the right to reject any application after due scrutiny. The decision of the Sansthan in this regard will be final and binding.
• Every student will be required to submit application form through the Competent Authority in the prescribed pro-forma indicating interalia :-
i.) That he/she is pursuing a course of study for which he/she has applied for the Scholarship with Sanskrit as a regular student.
ii.) That he/she is not in receipt of any other Scholarship from any other source.
iii.) That he/she is not employed anywhere.
iv.) That during the currency of the Scholarship if he/she is awarded Scholarship from any other source and/or is employed he/she will immediately inform the Sansthan through proper channel.
Courses of Study for which Scholarship is given and eligibility and Scholarship amount :
|S.No.||Courses of Study||Eligibility||
Amount (Rs. P.M.)
|1.||9th and 10th classes / Purva Madhyama or equivalent courses with Sanskrit as a paper of least 100 marks||Must have passed the previous examination of the respective class with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate and also in the concerned subject i.e. in Sanskrit.||250/-|
|2.||11th and 12th classes / Prak Shastri / Uttar-Madhyama and equivalent courses with Sanskrit as a paper of at least 100 marks||Must have passed the previous examination of the respective class with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate and also in the concerned subject i.e. in Sanskrit.||300/-|
|3.||Shastri / Graduation / B.A./B.A.(Hons.) and equivalent course of three years duration with Sanskrit as a subject of at least 100 marks.||Must have passed Plus 2 level examination with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate and also in Sanskrit||400/-|
|4.||Acharya Degree in Sanskrit and its equivalent Post-Graduation Degree||Must have passed Graduation with at least 60% marks in the aggregate in Sanskrit||500/-|
|5.||Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D. and equivalent in Sanskrit||Must have passed Acharya or M.A. in Sanskrit with at least 60% marks in the aggregate||1500/-|
The student of Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D and equivalent courses shall also be entitled for a contingency grant of Rs. 2000/- per annum for two years.)
For all the above courses , there will be relaxation in minimum percentage of marks to reserved categories like SC/ ST/ OBC/ Women/ Physically Handicapped. The relaxation criteria shall be as under :
• SC / ST - 50 %
• OBC - 55%
• Women - 55%
• Physically Handicapped - 50%
The application form can be obtained from Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University). The prescribed application form along with the necessary copy of documents required, i.e the mark-sheet of the latest qualifying examination and caste / category certificate in case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Handicapped issued by the competent authority must be sent to the Registrar, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) 56-57, Institutional Area, Janak Puri, New Delhi- 110 058 within one month from the date of publication of the advertisement of the scholarship.
The application form can also be downloaded from the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan's official website.
The candidates should make sure that they fill all the required fields properly. The candidates must possess the eligibility criteria as mentioned by them. They should also read the terms and conditions before applying for the same. It can be filled in either English or Hindi. This filled up application form should be signed by the Head of the institution where the students are studying.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan
56-57, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi - 110 058
Phone : 011-28524993, 28520976, 28520977, 28524995(Registrar)
Fax : 011-28521948, 28520976(Registrar)
Email : Contact
Website : www.sanskrit.nic.in
Find it Useful ? Help Others by Sharing Online
Comments and Discussions