Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF) Nursing Scholarship for Girls
Areas of Study :
Scholarship Funded by :
Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF)
Provided to :
Girls residing in self-settled leprosy colonies for pursuing B.Sc.
Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF) provides Nursing Scholarship for
the Girls residing in self-settled leprosy colonies for pursuing B.Sc. Nursing
studies. The scholarship will be available only for Institutes
recognised by Indian Nursing Council.
Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation
as this organization is called came into being on 21st November 2006
- S-ILF will pay the tuition fees, admission fee, mess fee and boarding/ hostel
expenses to the institutes directly.
- Maximum financial support limit for 1 student would be up to 88,000
(Including Tuition fees, Accommodation, Mess) per year any fees above this
will be borne by scholars. . This amount would be paid directly to the
- S-ILF will also pay a stipend of Rs.1000/- per month to each
candidate to meet their requirements
- A total scholarship provided to each scholar for four year course
including Tuition, Hostel, Mess fees etc. and personal maintenance is
maximum up to Rs 4,00,000. If college fees is more than Rs 4,00,000 then
student has to make arrangements to pay for additional amount to the
- At least one parent or the candidate itself must have had leprosy and
must be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony
- Only one individual from a family can avail of the scholarship in any
one year but next year the applicant is eligible to apply.
- Only first-year applicants beginning their studies/courses in the
current academic year are eligible.
- Applicants availing scholarships from other organizations/individuals
will not be considered.
- Applicant opting for B.Sc. (Basic Nursing) must have cleared her higher
secondary education (10+2) from a recognized school with Physics, Chemistry,
Biology and English.
- Applicant must not be less than 17 years at the time of application
- All eligible candidates will be listed in the order of the set criteria of
merit in the last Board exam
- Top 10 candidates will be selected for the
scholarship by a selection committee
- In case, a candidate decides not to
avail of scholarship, the candidate next in line will be eligible to avail of
- Interested candidates are required to register with SILF
for the Scholarship programme. These Forms (Application for Nursing Scholarship Program)
are available with State Leaders of Association of People Affected by Leprosy
(APAL) as well as the S-ILF website www.silf.in
- Application form (including annexure II) should be completed and along
with required self-attested documents should reach S-ILF office latest by
deadline of application
- In case the student has
already selected for admission, proof of admission/call letter in an India
Nursing Council recognised institute is mandatory. In case admission is still
being sought, candidate must fill up Annexure-I
- Three passport size photograph
of Birth Certificate
- Mark sheets of the 10th, 12th Board Exam.
- Leprosy certificate of parent/s
(treatment certificate from place where treated or Certificate from
District leprosy Officer or Disability certificate mentioning
Hansen’s disease/leprosy) No photographs will be accepted.
- Admission letter/call letter issued by the institute to which she
has secured admission or else applicant should provide the
Annexure - I
- A reference letter from the colony
leader (Annexure - II) certifying that the candidate is a
resident of the colony and is the only candidate from their family.
Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation,
S-260, First Floor,
Panchsheel Park, New Delhi-110017
Telephone : +91-11-26013439
E-mail address: Contact I,