|Tweet Pin It|
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
Indian students to study at USA, Europe and the United Kingdom
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation formerly known as Inlaks Foundation is an approved charitable organization under the Charity Commissioners of the United Kingdom which was founded by Mr. Indoo Shivdasani in the year 1976. The major objective of the Foundation is to identify exceptionally talented young Indian students and support them financially to develop their special skill and talents to the maximum which is achieved by awarding scholarships. The foundation offers scholarships both in India and abroad to outstanding young students.
Young Indian candidates with exceptional talents can utilize the opportunity of Inlaks Scholarships provided by the Inlaks Foundation for their studies abroad. Inlaks scholarships are offered for two types of courses namely university courses and specific programs proposed by the candidate.
Inlaks University Courses scholarships are awarded for degrees in all kind of subjects at reputed institutes in USA, Europe and the United Kingdom for a maximum period of 2 years. The scheme is not valid for courses in the field of Engineering, Computer Science, Urban Planning, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Indian Studies and Indian History, Fashion Design , Music and Film Animation. In case of Phd programs with collaborating institutions and universities, funding may be extended upto 4 years. Before applying to this scholarship, candidates must have obtained their admission to the proposed course of studies.
Inlaks Specific program scholarships is given for research, training or professional improvement of the candidates and it is carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution. Candidates are expected to provide full details of their proposed programs, including time and travelling plans, a full breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with such institutions if required.
Candidates should be Indian national, either male or female.
• Candidates should hold a degree from a recognised university. They must have done their first degree in India.
• Candidates should be enrolled in an institution in the desired course of study before making the application for scholarship. The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission. The institutions concerned must only be top rank.
• Preference will be given to candidates who have not yet studied abroad.
• The award of other grants, teaching assistantships and support from other sources for the proposed programme will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor. The Foundation also encourages applications from young people currently employed.
• Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
Age Limit : Candidates seeking scholarships must be below 30 years of age as on the 1st of July in the year of application.
Value of Scholarships :
Provides for tuition fees
• Cost of living expenses as per normal standards
• One way travel grant
For courses, the duration of which is more than 2 years, financial assistance should be taken from other sources
The selection of the scholars are carried out by an independent Inlaks Selection Committee.
Applications received are analysed and evaluated, and the Committee subsequently calls the most interesting candidates for interviews. All applicants must be available for interviews in India which is usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi at the end of May or early June. Interviews are conducted in 2 stages: Preliminary and Final.
The short-listed candidates are informed about the interviews in the first week of May through e-mails and the candidates who do not receive any communication by 1st of June must assume that their applications have not been successful. Applicants short-listed for the interviews will have to arrange for their own travel and accommodation.
The following documents are required at the time of interview :
1. Photocopy of undergraduate degree and any later degree
2. A copy of admission letter
3. Statement of Fees
4. Any fee concession/waiver of any other source of funding
5. Letters from referees
The application forms can also be downloaded from the website
www.inlaksfoundation.org or can be obtained personally or writing to
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation,
C/o Inlaks India Foundation,
86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point,
Mumbai 400021; along with a Rs. 10/- (may be changed) stamped self addressed envelope.
Each year, the applications forms are available from January to April. The completed application form must be submitted by the candidates to the above address, by the middle of April. There is no provision for submission of online applications.
The following documents to be submitted along with the application :
• Evidence of admission to a university or a
course, and full details of the institute's financial requirements.
• One self - addressed stamped, (Rs. 10.00) envelope (4" X 9").
• Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must submit a maximum of 10 samples of their work on a CD/DVD only, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion. This material will not be returned. Candidates for Dance and Acting must submit CD/DVD too. The images must only be in jpeg format, not tiff format. Portfolio may be submitted too if they are not to bulky.
• Evidence of any outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in any field.
Do not send copies of academic certificates with the completed form. These will be needed only at the time of the final interviews.
P.O. Box 2108, Delhi – 110007.
Phone : 91-11-26741260
E-Mail : Contact Now
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
C/o Inlaks India Foundation
86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
Phone : 0091-22-22884351
Tagsscholarship in india and abroad , USA scholarship , Europe scholarship , UK scholarship , USA education , UK education , Europe education
Find it Useful ? Help Others by Sharing Online
Comments and Discussions